Friday, February 16, 2024

Dr. Diana García Moreno

 I completed my Bachelor's degree in Biology at the University of Murcia in 2003. Subsequently, I pursued my doctoral studies in the Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program in 2006, achieving distinction. Three years later, under the guidance of Prof. Murillo and Prof. Elías, I successfully earned the title of Doctor at the University of Murcia with the 'CUM LAUDE distinction'. I then started a postdoctoral period working on different Departments, including the Dep. Celular Biology and Histology (University of Murcia) and HUVA-IMIB under the supervision of Prof. Mulero and Prof. Cayuela, respectively. During this period, my investigation focused on the use of zebra fish as an innovative model to study mechanisms via 'editing' or 'correction' of the genome and(or) generation of new transgenic fish. My expertise contributed to reach a significant excellence level to the groups I worked with. This is reflected on the studies published on some of the reference journals in biomedicine field, including Cell (Impact Factor -IF-: 32.2), Immunity (19.734), Nature Communinations (IF 11.3), PNAS (IF 9.4), PLoS Biology (IF 8.7) y PLoS Pathog (IF 7.0). Furthermore, my experience in celular and molecular biology has brought me to collaborate in the PolyBiota project studying how natural products such as isoflavones are able to modulate the response of human endothelial cells to pro-angiogenic agents.










No comments:

Post a Comment