Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Undergraduate and Graduate Students

 


My name is Alicia Albacete Sevilla and I am from Alhama de Murcia (Spain). I finished my bachelor degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics in 2021 (University of Murcia, Spain). My End of Degree Project focused on the study of the antioxidants and phenolic compounds of plant-derived foodstuff and their beneficial effects. In line with the topic of my project, I decided to choose CEBAS-CSIC, a prestigious center regarding the study of plant-derived food and health, for a 3-months stay. This stay at the Department of Food Science and Technology (under the supervision of Dr. Giménez-Bastida and Dr. González-Sarrías) was a productive period in which I was involved in different multidisciplinar projects. The EU-funded PolyBiota project was a unique occasion to work with human endothelial cells and acquire experience regarding cell culture management and learn a wide range of techniques.






 





No comments:

Post a Comment